How Does Debit Card EMI Work on Amazon India?
- What is a Debit Card EMI?
- How to set up a Debit Card EMI on Amazon India?
- Where does the money go when you swipe your Debit Card for EMI at Amazon India?
- What are the security measures taken by Amazon India?
- Who should buy via Debit Card EMI?
- Which bank to choose for Debit Card EMI on Amazon India?
- How to buy products with Debit Card EMI at Amazon India?
- Pros and Cons of Debit Card EMI
- Difference between Debit Card EMI and Credit Card EMI
- Limitations of using Debit Card EMI on Amazon India
Amazon is one of the most favoured online shopping platforms in India. It has a wide range of products and services and regularly offers great deals and discounts. Amazon also provides easy payment options, such as EMIs, to its customers.
This blog post will look at how debit card EMI works on Amazon India.
We will also discuss the benefits and disadvantages of using this payment option.
What is a Debit Card EMI?
What is a Debit Card EMI?
A Debit Card EMI allows you to pay for your purchases using your debit card and an EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) plan. This payment method is available on select items sold by Amazon India.
To use this payment method, you must have a valid debit card issued by any of the following banks in India:
Once you have selected the Debit Card EMI payment option at checkout and entered your 16-digit debit card number, you will be pressed to choose your bank and key in your online banking User ID and Password to continue with the transaction.
After successful authentication, you can select the tenure of your EMI plan. The interest rate relevant to Debit Card EMI transactions will be displayed upfront before you complete the transaction.
How to set up a Debit Card EMI on Amazon India?
To set up the debit card EMI in Amazon India, you will need to have an Indian bank account, and a debit card enabled for EMI transactions.
You must also be registered as a customer on the Amazon India website.
Once you have these things, you can follow these steps:
Where does the money go when you swipe your Debit Card for EMI at Amazon India?
When you make an EMI purchase with your debit card on Amazon India, the money is transferred from your bank account to Amazon’s account. From there, it is used to pay for the buy price of the item plus any interest and fees associated with the EMI plan.
Once the transaction is complete, the remaining balance in your Amazon account will be refunded to your bank account.
What are the security measures taken by Amazon India?
Debit card EMI on Amazon India is a safe and secure way to shop. Amazon India takes the security of its customers’ information and transactions very seriously.
All information is encrypted and stored in a secure database.
Amazon India has a strict policy of not sharing customer information with third parties.
- Customers need to enter their 16-digit debit card number, CVV number, and expiry date to make a payment using a debit card EMI.
- This information is then sent to the bank for verification and approval.
- Once the payment is authorized, the customer’s account is debited immediately.
Amazon India offers customers the option to pay using various debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, and RuPay. Customers can also choose from multiple repayment tenure options, ranging from 3 to 24 months. There are no additional charges for availing of the debit card EMI facility on Amazon India.
Who should buy via Debit Card EMI?
A few things to consider before purchasing anything via Debit Card EMI on Amazon India.
Who should buy via Debit Card EMI?
- First, customers must have a savings account with a bank that offers this service to use Debit Card EMI on Amazon.
- Second, the customer’s debit card limit must be equal to or greater than the purchase amount.
- And finally, customers should contact their bank to verify if they are eligible for Debit Card EMI on Amazon before making a purchase.
Assuming the customer meets all of the above criteria, using Debit Card EMI on Amazon is a great way to finance larger purchases. Customers can spread out the charge of their purchase over 3, 6, 9, or 12 months. Depending on what their bank offers, they will only be charged interest on the unpaid balance each month.
This facility can help customers manage their finances better and avoid paying any upfront costs.
Which bank to choose for Debit Card EMI on Amazon India?
When choosing a bank for debit card EMI in Amazon India, you need to consider a few things. The first is the type of account you have with the bank. If there is a savings account, you will likely get a higher interest rate on your debit card EMI than if you have a checking account.
Another thing to consider is what fees the bank charges for using their debit card EMI service. Some banks charge an annual fee, while others charge a per-transaction fee. You will need to compare these fees before making your decision.
Finally, you will need to consider the customer service of the bank. This feature is essential because you will want to reach customer service if there are troubles with your account or transactions.
Make sure to read reviews of the different banks before making your choice to ensure you are getting the best possible service.
How to buy products with Debit Card EMI at Amazon India?
Debit card EMI is a great way to finance your purchase at Amazon India. Here’s a step-by-step handbook on how to buy products with a debit card EMI:
Pros and Cons of Debit Card EMI
- You can avoid paying interest on your purchase if you pay off the balance within the agreed-upon time frame.
- Debit card EMI can help you budget your expenses as you will know exactly how much you need to pay each month.
- This payment method can help you build up your credit history if you make your payments on time.
- If you miss a payment or default on your debit card EMI, you will be charged a hefty fee.
- Debit card EMI may not be available for all types of purchases.
Difference between Debit Card EMI and Credit Card EMI
Debit card EMI and credit card EMI are two different ways to finance your purchases on Amazon India.
Limitations of using Debit Card EMI on Amazon India
Debit card EMI is an excellent option for those who like to finance their purchase from Amazon India. However, there are some restrictions to using this payment method.
Limitations of Debit Card EMI
- Firstly, you can only use a debit card linked to your bank account in India.
- Secondly, your debit card must have a high enough limit to cover your purchase’s cost.
- Finally, you will need to provide your bank account information to Amazon to set up the EMI payment plan.
We hope this article has helped you comprehend how debit card EMI works on Amazon India. Using this payment option, you can enjoy the convenience of paying for your purchases in instalments without paying any interest.
Do keep in mind that not all banks offer this payment option, so be sure to check with yours before making any significant purchases.
Please read the other interesting posts:
How much EMI can I avail for using my Debit Card on Amazon India?
The amount of EMI you can avail depends on the value of your purchase and the issuing bank’s policies. In most cases, you can avail of up to 50% of the purchase amount as EMI.
What is the process of Debit Card EMI on Amazon India?
The process is pretty straightforward. You must enter your 16-digit Debit Card number and the amount you wish to spend on EMI. After that, you will be asked to provide personal details like name, email address, and phone number. Once everything is set, you must select a bank and confirm the payment.
How long does the debit card EMI take to show up on my Amazon account?
The Debit Card EMI will be available on your Amazon account within 2-3 working days from the date of purchase.
Can I use Debit Card EMI to make partial payments on Amazon?
You can use Debit Card EMI to make partial payments on Amazon. Amazon will automatically deduct the EMI amount from your account every month.